Delicious Organic Baby Products


Delicious organic baby clothing

Thursday, April 29, 2010

No Sugar, So Why So Sweet?

Yesterday I dropped my partner and daughter off at the airport for a little holiday at Great-Nanas. On my way home it happened to be the same time when all the school kids are walking to school. Being rush hour I was stranded at an intersection for quite some time while lots of little groups of high school kids walked past me on their way to school. What really suprised me was that every single one of them was holding some type of soft drink mostly in a 1.25L container, or energy drinks. I couldn't believe that this is the way kids are starting their day at school.

Today as I was walking my little baby around the park I spotted a bus with a huge can of softdrink on it with the words no sugar, and I thought hmmmm......

So what do they use if they aren't using sugar? Honey, stevia, rapadura??
No, try Aspartame and/or Acesulfame Potassium (K). These little ingredients are actually chemicals that are incredibly sweet to the taste buds but also very toxic to the body.
Studies have shown that Aspartame (also known as Equal, NutraSweet and a variety of other names) may cause a number of very concerning problems including: Birth Defects , Cancer (Brain Cancer), Diabetes , Emotional Disorders and Epilepsy/Seizures.

People are generally using "diet" products such as diet soft drinks, artificial sweeteners in their tea/coffee etc. in an effort to lose weight. With so many diet options on the market out there it makes you wonder why obesity is only becoming a larger problem.
This little blurb from Health For You explains why that could be:
Aspartame breaks down into three components: 1. Methanol. This is poisonous alcohol. In the body, methanol breaks down into formaldehyde, which is a poison. 2. Phenylalanine. This decreases the amount serotonin in your brain, which leads to mood swings (depressions) and an increased appetite! That is why aspartame is one of the main causes for the current obesity epidemic. 3. Aspartic acid. This is a neurological toxin comparable to MSG.

It makes me worry for the future health of all those children who are consuming these artificial ingredients every morning on their way to school.

I suggest googling this is you are interested in finding out more on this topic, as there is too much information for me to get onto my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment