Delicious Organic Baby Products


Delicious organic baby clothing

Monday, June 7, 2010

Delicious Gluten Free Cake

I made the most delicious gluten free cake for my partner's birthday the other day.
Ususally I am a throw-it-all-in-and-see-what-happens kind of cook, which means a lot of my recipes turn out rock hard or too crumbly or just a bit tasteless, however, when it comes to my family's birthday cakes I alway make myself follow the recipe.
I found this delicious recipe for a gluten free orange cake made on almond meal. It was moist and very tasty and very very simple to make. I would recommend using organic oranges as you use the entire orange.

2 navel oranges
5 eggs
250g almond meal
250g raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder

Boil the oranges in enough water that they are submerged for 1 hour.
After that, blend them up into a puree skins and all.
In another bowl blend sugar and eggs until they start to thicken up a bit, the add cooled orange puree. After that mix in the almond meal and the sugar and baking powder.

Put it all in a baking pan and bake for 1 hour on about 180 degrees.

It looked like it wasn't cooked in the centre when I took it out but after leaving it to stand in the tin for half an hour or so it was fine.

I sprinkled a bit of icing sugar over the top just to make it look a bit pretty.

mmmmm...I think I'll have to make another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment